Search this Blog

Loading

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The one..

I was the one who wiped your tears,
I was the one who swept away your fears...
I was the one who stood by you..
I was the one who stayed true..

I was your support, I was your pillar,
When your life felt empty, I was the filler..
I was the one who supported your decisions,
Even when these decisions went through numerous revisions..

I was the one who loved you so much,
Loved you to the extent, you'd never known such..
But one fine day, when you could finally move on,
I was nowhere in your mind, from your thoughts I was gone..

I was the one who completely understood you,
But you chose someone else, someone you barely knew..
All I could do, was stand by and see,
See you fall for him, fall for him rather than me..

Why couldn't you see that I loved you to the core?
Why couldn't you see that I would have loved you more??
He wasn't wrong for you, but he was a complete mess,
Yet, you were happy with him, happy for less..

And that's when it struck me - I knew what I had to do,
I would remain the friend - the friend who helped you through..
And so I killed the love, the love I had for you,
Just to see you happy, happy without a clue..

No comments:

Post a Comment